My Journey, My Voice, My choice!

My life, issues, thoughts and voice

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

“You’ve changed”

Im sure you have all heard that, either said to you, or out of your own mouth, or even just on T.V. Well I just heard that, only it wasn’t me saying it, it was my sister, Rhiannon, Saying it to me…I used to be relatively close to her, we aught like crazy, but when it came down to it, we were close.
And yet she isn’t happy for me? She isn’t happy that I have gotten closer to god??? And most of all, she isn’t happy that I am spending more time with the “churchiez”??? I just don’t get that?

I don’t know… I have kinda felt low today cause of what Melissa said the other night? (Not her fault, im glad she said it, I needed to hear it) But I wasn’t to bad, I have a talk to a few people, and I was feeling okay, but my sister came home, bragged about how “great” her weekend was, and when I went to tell her about me, I mentioned “yeah, well I went to bible study last night” and she didn’t want a bar of it, or of me? And well I just got shot down, really badly!

Well, in my Family, my sister and I were the only Christians, and when I was low, or struggling with my mum or dad, brothers, sisters, ect. I talked to her, she helped me, and well now, I kinda feel so alone. I mean I know I have some really great friends I can talk to any time, I have leaders who are more than happy to help me, but I feel like I have lost my….(buddy, mate…) I don’t know, I have always felt a little like an outsider in my family, (that’s a long story) but... I knew that I wasn’t alone in getting up for church, being excited about god, having really awesome stories of what god was doing in my life, and now?? It just all fallen down....

A few weeks ago, i told my sister that I was changing churches; I wanted to go to greensy, and she told me, that I had – direct quote “dude, why have you become like all christiany??” and I didn’t think anything of it, but now I think, what did she mean by that?

Well yeah, I have written two blogs today, in the space of 2 hours, but it’s just my mood has changed somewhat.

2 Comments:

At 05 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
Dont get down on yourself too much!

shes seeing the changes that God is making in your life and thats an awessome thing! it shows your getting closer to God and dont forget thats the most important thing.

but at the same time we need to have healthy relationships with everyone else as well. 'Love the Lord with all you got and Love your neighbour as yourself...'

try not to panic, recognise that change is happening and try to build on all the relationships you got... and dont forget, God is there for you!
james

 
At 06 July, 2006, Blogger charlotte said...

i concur with james! haha. he's good at his words!

you can make other people so happy (the poem) but be so down in yourself...you remind me of me!

head up high, pray for your relationship with ur sis and stuff. it's great that your faith is building stronger. don't allow anything to destroy that, yet try and show ur sis how much it's changing you for the better in little ways...

luv ya! nomes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home