My Journey, My Voice, My choice!

My life, issues, thoughts and voice

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Why do i go??

Well i went to daylesford with Sarah! So so so much fun, horse riding was great and the house was cute! and now i am back and i was really psyched to get home, but like i had to leave almost straight away to go to church for a 'chat' thingy what ever you call it, that was ok no main highlights or lows, but i got home after that and went on my computer and i (as i usually do) checked my blog, and my website and comments ect chatted but! i was in the biggest rush, i don’t know why but i just had this feeling that i was going to have to go out somewhere! I had no plans it was really weird and kind of freaky! (Once again that made sense in my head)

Well at the youth meeting thingy ma bob (what ever you call it) um…Liam asked Sarah if she would repeat something she had said the other night in a dif meeting and she said (my interpretation) that she was proud of us (being the youth people) because we go to church without being forced. Well I have had a few people ask me exactly why I go to church and my answer is always the same, ‘cause I do’ with a laugh and a topic changer. But the other night when Sarah said that, I went home and I actually thought about what she has said, and I though about that question…

WHY DO I GO TO CHURCH? WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO ME??
And usually like I said I would laugh it off and put it to the back of my mind… but I didn’t this time, I couldn’t for some reason I had to think about it and well this is what I came up with.
Why do I go to church? Because church is my haven, it is my peaceful place where I feel safe, calm and at home. I have many people in which I can share fellowship and worship with, there are songs to sing, messages to be both heard and told and a cheerful crowd to be included in (this is greensy btw) But that’s not all… When I am at church I feel like I am closer to god, not because I am with others who love him but because I am with god in his house and he wants me there! There is a lot more but I won’t go to far…


Well the dictionary (that being the online dictionary) says that church is ‘The Company of all Christians regarded as a spiritual body’ I quite like this!!!! Okay well I kind of don’t know what to say about it, I just like it, A LOT! And I think it speaks for itself!

Well yeah, about my previous post, I did remember what my point was, and it was 4:04 am but I went back to sleep and then by the time I woke up I forgot so yeah that’s kind of gone and over I don’t think it will come back to that point in the near future!

Ooh and could someone tell me how people have the ‘make poverty history’ thingy in the corner of their blogs, I want one but dunno how!

Wow, this turned out longer than expected!

3 Comments:

At 26 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
i like the blog and i'm surprised that you thought about why you go to church its not something you usually do its just not you and it makes me think why i go to church do i go just to be with my friends at one stage i did but after having my world being taken from under me i don't i go to church to worship him in his house and it is my haven and safe spot

thanks for makin me think thats hun

love ya

 
At 26 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

talia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love you
love anonymous

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger charlotte said...

hey girl.
awesome post. people ask me why I go to church...and my answer varies. But you can't just shrug it off because it's something you do...you might have just missed that perfect opportunity to witness to someone.
Anyway! I was also guna say...the Make Poverty History thing in the corner...I too, asked Liam about that in a comment a while ago...he never responded! How rude! ;) Hehe, so if you find out! Let me know!
Love ya chicky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home