My Journey, My Voice, My choice!

My life, issues, thoughts and voice

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

God Vs ......

Have you ever had that feeling where you had to choose between god and someone else?
As you grow closer to god you distance yourself from someone?
Well, recently I had a split with a really close friend and it seems that since then I have grown a lot closer to God! And I mean that great, the best thing in my life, like its kinda all that kept me standing and above the surface!
But obviously missing this friend makes me feel like I kinda have to choose between her and God, and I know that if she were my true friend I wouldn’t have to do that... i mean there isnt really a decision, nothing is more important to me than my relation ship with god, but like I think it’s like a sign or something?? Okay I am like confusing myself here...
People always say that god works in mysterious ways, is this one of his ways? Is this a test? What am I to do? I know I don’t want t be away from god, I want nothing of the sort I want to be closer and get to know him more, but then why do I keep getting these obstacles????
Yeah that’s my question, can you answer it?

2 Comments:

At 07 June, 2006, Blogger charlotte said...

hmm...tough question. one I'm sure that many other than yourself struggles with...I guess obstacles are meant to make your faith stronger along the way. what's something that the oldy's always say? "It's just a learning experience..." with the friend thing though, I know what you mean. I'm not sure why you guys split, but I do know that being such good friends, it would obviously hurt. Pray about it, alot. Anyways, that's just my thought!

 
At 08 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! its james here, as i read ur blog james 4:7-10 came into mind...

'submit yourselves to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you, come near to God and He will come near to you. wash your hands you sinners and purify your hearts you double minded. Grieve, mourn and wail, change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up!'

you made a big decision, and it was hard, but God sees what youre doing!The more sin we get rid of, the closer to God we get!keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home