My Journey, My Voice, My choice!

My life, issues, thoughts and voice

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My hope for a loophole

You know, I thought it was a funny joke.
But this one thing is true--
If you never accept Jesus Christ,
HELL IS WAITING FOR YOU!

This is just part of a poem I was reading the other day, the full poem talks of a teenager who said he had accepted god but with his actions turned him away. Then this child dies and is unable to enter heaven!

Well every concert I go to, basically, they ask us all one question “If you dies today would you go to heaven?” And this alone makes me think every time would i? And then I was browsing the internet and I found this poem and the whole thing is too long, but this bit seemed to make me think…

And yeah, all my blogs seem to be about someone saying something or me reading something and that making me think! BUT…
My last blog was about why do I go to church? And I had a comment from someone unknown and they say that by me thinking about it and them reading that I thought about it made them think about it and they came to similar conclusion as me (one more time… that made sense in my head) So I figure if I blog about a thought I had then maybe someone will read it and have a similar thought…. Yes its weird but then, so am I!

So my thought about this part of the poem was related to an issue I have had and of a blog of a mate. I know that we cannot rely on other people’s faith, but can others rely on ours? Can we share our faith when we all end up at heavens gate? Let me elaborate, some people don’t want to be changed, but it is my deepest desire to ‘save’ them I just don’t know how too? Two people that I used to be really close too seemed to have drifted away from me and I am continually fighting with them, and it seems that they have not, and will not get the chance to discover god and his awesome power; I know it is never too late, but I feel it could be too late soon-ish.

Someone, i really trust, suggested that these two people may be intimidated by how close my relationship with god has gotten and I feel that (once again) she is right. I just wish that I could see the path to take, the path so that I could help them. It seems that if I speak about god and what his doing in my life, and how much life improves when you are with him, I end up being yelled and screamed at, and made feel low again. My actions, while they have changed (for the better) seem to have made these people I speak of even more distant to god (well closer to Satan) and to me as well. I dunno what I can do, and using a line people say is always wrong but “im only one person” But this time I think it may be true, because I have come from many angles and it seems to be worse, I have tried to speak often of god, try to explain to them how awesome he really is, that didn’t work, so I tried the speak nothing of him, just show them, with myself and those who surround me, how awesome god is, That didn’t work. Well it hasn’t seemed to anyway. And I am not a giving up type of person, I’m really not. It is a hate of mine to give up and stop trying and I know I will never stop trying but I am out of ideas. Well, that’s my question.
Those who have chosen not to have god in their life, if it is offered can they rely on the faith of others? Is their a loophole? (Speaking as a potential lawyer). If not, what can I (only one person) do?

Now, something completely off the topic, A mate of mine recently had a really awesome quote, I have heard it before.
“Don’t worry about anything, instead pray about EVERYTHING”
I really like this, however I think I need to practice it a little more, I am constantly worrying about everything, from minor struggles to those that seem to consume my life. I just wish I had the strength to rely completely on god, and give him my all, my everything.

Okay, one more thing, yes this is really long and I am guessing if your still reading then you have nothing to do, or you actually care about my thoughts (in which case, you have earnt a hug). At church last week we sang a song ‘heart of worship’ and I have had the chorus in my head all week (yeah I know its only two days) and I went online to download it, and I found this, the lyrics analyzed.

when the music fades
and all is stripped away
and i simply come
longing just to bring something that's of worth that will bless Your heart.


[when there is no music; no guitar, no drums, no piano will you still worship God? how about when everything is taken away from you? will you go to Him with that simple, innocent childlike faith? to long to give something that’s of worth, to bless Him?]

i'll bring You more than a song
for a song in itself is not what you have required.
you search much deeper within
thru the way things appear
you're looking into my heart


[why not bring him more than a song? he's not longing for that song, but the willingness in your heart. he wants more than that song. he searches deeper within, into your heart, past the external looks and how things appear to be.]

im coming back to the heart of worship
and it's all about You, it's all about You Jesus
im sorry Lord for the things I’ve made it..
when it's all about You, it's all about You Jesus..


[the heart of worship - is to worship Him with not only your song but your life, your daily actions, words and thoughts. to lead a holy life acceptable to Him, a pleasing sacrifice unto His name. we've made worship to be all about music and songs. but it's all about one person - Jesus.]

king of endless worth
no one could express
how much You deserve
though im weak and poor
all i have is Yours, every single breath


[God's goodness is just too great to express in words. what He deserves cant be said in just one or two words. we're weak and poor but what we have is His breath of life in us, to keep us going.]

I really like this song, it also has made me think about my faith for god, and how I can make it stronger and how it can grow, and I guess time heals all wounds and makes relationships stronger.

Well I have said HEAPS!!! And, like I said if you actually read all of that then you have earnt a hug, cause that shows that either you’re really bored, or you care that much to read like two pages of all my thoughts and stuff! Yeah…

P.S. Liam, you know how to put that ‘make poverty history’ thingy in the corner, now two people have asked you, HOW DO YOU DO IT????????
Oh, and sorry for your loss (soccer):P

Catch yaz all around…

3 Comments:

At 28 June, 2006, Blogger charlotte said...

hey girl. you, so far, haven't ceased to amaze me! with what's going on in your life, your faith is appears to be admirable! heart of worship is a very beautiful song and one of my favourite songs...it's kind of realising that you need to face reality. you need to come back to God, because there's no other way. the chorus says it, it's a song asking for forgiveness. worship isn't only through music, i know, but is a big part of worship for me. which I guess is why it gives me the erks when people sing such lovely worship songs like this as if they're just words to music. grrr. they are so much more than that and need not to be taken lightly! (did that make sense?) anyway...my thoughts for the day!

and i have to admit that i was going to read your blog last night before i went to bed, but got a little way thru and realised how long it was so i couldn't! BUT! I made sure I read it first thing when i was on the net today! :P have i earnt a hug? ;)

keep up your faith. as i've been told many times...you never know how you have influenced your friends. you have planted the seed in their minds, in their hearts. i'll give u an example of one of my friends...she was coming along all the time to youth group...then at a youth alive she gave her hear to God and I was sooo estatic! I bought her a bible, just because I could, not her birthday or anything...and she really loved it. She brought it along to church and everything.

since then, she has distanced herself from me, mum suggested because I was her 'jimeny cricket'. she was getting into things that she knew I wouldn't agree with or do myself, so her only solution was to distance herself from me, and in turn- God. (her family isn't a church family) I've begun asking her again occasionally, but she's always got something on. In the past, and I'm sure still in the future, this has (and will bring) me down. I get really upset! Cos yes! I care a lot about my friends! But I never know, one day...maybe when she moves out to Uni or something, she might come across the bible and have a flick thru and a light will turn on...or something else. You never know. I guess what I'm trying to say is that God works in mysterious ways. whether it's noticeable now or not, you, Talia Jayde :p (is it?) have planted a seed for them to later grow on.

Head up high! God is going to use you in amazing ways! Luv u!

 
At 28 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, It took me 3 goes to read this, short attention span, it's why I don't watch TV I get bored in the commercials and go off and do something else and never see the end, but anyway... I'm so proud of you for sticking with God and trying to become more and more like Jesus and I'm really proud of you for wnating to stand by the people who've hurt you. I know that when someone hurts me I tend to give up on them. It's really hard to be a light in someones life when they're determined to keep there eyes closed. I guess I'm just saying I admire your strength and courage. Love you bella.
Ciao,
Tish.

 
At 26 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! seems like im the first person to read this through only one go!!! hahaha... i have earnt 3 hugs:P

Hey Talz this blog really touched me...
or maybe because i was readin ur words with a barlow girl song.. lol. nah, it touched me really deeply, i dont know why, my heads like, hey thats really cool! my hearts like crying for something... just so happy i guess, that made my day, and i will be smiling til night.. so if people ask me why im smileing, ill say READ TALIAS BLOG!!! hehe... i luv u Talz! Ur soo special to me n everyone else, Luv u forever!
Luv Sarah:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home