My Journey, My Voice, My choice!

My life, issues, thoughts and voice

Monday, July 03, 2006

Melissa Said...

Well I went to my first week of bible study tonight… It was different to what I expected, but better! Well I was almost anxious about it... Will it be weird? Will I know what to say? Will i sit there bored???
Well I am happy to say that NO It wasn’t weird, I wasn’t bored and I knew what to say about SOME of the questions asked….
Well, of course something was said that made me think…
Melissa asked Sarah to talk about her touch from god (read in her blog) and Sarah… couldn’t, should I say, and well I don’t think this is word for word, but I think this is close enough…
“if we cant explain in our trusted group... how can we expect to tell those we don’t know??” or something like we're here to share our faith, then if we cant do that, then how is our faith gonna grow bigger… ” I don’t remember exactly but it wasa along those lines.
And this kinda made me think (as everything does) well I didn’t dwell on it much.. but now that I think about it it’s a really interesting point… and while a lot of interesting points were brought up in bible study, this kinda stuck…
Well Melissa was right… If we feel uncomfortable talking about god, with those we trust and know, and those who have faith already, how can we expect to successfully tell others about god?? I don’t know… And I admit, I have had these issues before, not knowing whether or not to speak, especially when it came to prayer… the room would be silent and I wouldn’t know what to do, so I would let my mind wander, and I sat in silence, not really talking to god. However, just recently, basically since Easter I feel like I have been given the strength to overcome that ….. (Fear????) I don’t know how to describe it.
But that leads into my other struggle, I don’t really tell many people about God, I try to… but I kinda get shot down once and that almosts puts me off, a few of my school friends are not Christian but, its not that they don’t have an opinion its just that theyir opinion is so strongly against mine, that whenever religion comes up, our opinions clash. As in, Christian against anti-Christ… and well I guess I have one to many fights over it, that I have been put off talking about God in my non Christian friendships, and its weird cause I can happily, blog about, talk about, anything really about god when I am with my friends who I know share my faith, but as soon as I am with my school friends god (and I am ashamed to say it) get put in the corner and a blanket covering him… I almost hide it!
Well I guess what Melissa said really kinda shook me out of it…. I don’t know, it was kind of a realisation… a bad one, but I am hoping I can change that!!! I do want to…
Well that’s kinda all I have to say…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home