My Journey, My Voice, My choice!

My life, issues, thoughts and voice

Monday, July 03, 2006

The book of James!

Well like i previously mentioned i went to bible study last night, and Liam asked whether we wanted to finish exodus, or start something new??? We decided some thing new... ThenLiam asked for sugestions on what? And suddenly i had a burst.... I have been told by many (being two) people that i should read the book of James and i honestly shrugged it off... "yeah ok i will" - i never got round to it!

Then Last night, Liam said to read chapter one before next week, knowing myslef well enough i decided to read it that night or i would forget:P Well i went to bed at 10:30... i got home at 9-ish and then we had visitors who wouldnt leave! So it was 10-ish when i ate, and then 11-ish by the time i was getting ready for bed (No i didnt take an hour to eat, i cleaned the kitchen too)

So once i was snuggled into bed i got out my bible, and i started to read, and i have a teen bible, which tells me what each chapter is about, and i read that first... I was then intrgued (No idea how to spell that)
And so i read, chapter one was amazing, only six verses in and i was 'wowed' (my new word) i just couldnt belive how amazing these words were, and so i kept readin...But honestly i was angry, once again... I reached verse 19, i think is was and it said "Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry" and this... i re-read it like 10 times, no exaggeration. I couldnt beleive how much that had struck me! I was reading something that many people had said (in different words but still!) to me and i ALWAYS shrugged it off thinking "you have to say that, your my parents, or my youth leader" or something like that... but this time God was telling me! and i couldnt shrug off! it was just so "LISTEN TO IT" i kinda cant explain it....

But anyhows, i continued reading James, past chapter one... i reached two... kept reading... three and i stopped, i got a message which kind of broke me out of a transe, i looked at the time, i knew it was late but i just had to write all of my thoughts down.... i just had too!
Well by the time i was finished it was 1-ish! Thus why i slept untill 9-30 this morning:( NOT GOOD

Anyhows, i just thought i would let you know how awsome the book of James is! Seriously, if you havent already, read it! James was really (wise, kool... dunno what word to use-you decide)

1 Comments:

At 19 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home