My Journey, My Voice, My choice!

My life, issues, thoughts and voice

Sunday, July 23, 2006

What is wrong with me????

What is wrong with me? Do I have that much on my mind I have blocked god out?

Well, both yesterday, and tonight Liam asked me to pray, and I couldn’t! I don’t know why! I have never had a problem praying, I was always nervous about saying my prayers aloud, but I could do it….However now, I just couldn’t, I still can’t!

It makes absolutely no sense to me, every day I am telling people how much I want I want the gift of teaching, and yet I cannot pray aloud?????
I am so scared that I am too distant from god, I cannot pray??? Liam says that I will be praying next week, and my immediate thought was “oh I wont come then” I mean, I immediately think of how I can get out of it, why???

As I write this, I listen to Barlow Girl, I praise god in singing everyday, today being in front of my entire school, and yet I am struggling to pray!

What is wrong with me? How can I fix it? How can I stop feeling this way?

5 Comments:

At 24 July, 2006, Blogger Liam said...

2 reasons why a youth leader (me) would ask a youth member (you) to pray:

1) to encourage them to do something the leader knows they have the ability to do, but might need a little prompting to do.

2) to encourage them to do something they might not have the opportunity to do unless given the opportunity.

Don't confuse public prayer with prayer. Just because you don't feel comfortable praying in front of a group doesn't mean you can't pray.
Just because you pray infront of a group doesn't mean you always pray alone either.

Sometimes it can be easy to hide behind being the leader who has to pray infront of/for the group. As long as you say the right words everyone will think your a great prayer.
Doesn't mean its true.

btw, Melissa says there is nothing wrong with you.

 
At 24 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Talz, this is kinda like my situation... Remember i couldnt talk about my expeiriences with God??? But yet i could talk about everything else- but God. I felt a bit alone for a period of time, but then i prayed for confiedence, and a bit more motivation... Hey and now in 2 weeks im doing a testimony... God answers prays, ask him to help with ur situation, so then u can do the pray next week...:)
I dunno if youve noticed but i kinda suck at praying out loud in a group, lol. So just some advice, prepare wat ur going to say, lol. But thats just me, maybe u dont have to plan what u wanna sa:P... Well im babbleing on now, is it longer than the comment u left on my blog? Lets Just see if it is... Well i do know wat ur going though, and it is not a pleasant feeling.
Pray to God and he will answer.
Luv U Always.
Luv Sarah

 
At 24 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 24 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with the peoples above...im too slow to say something new!i gotta read ur blog more...i dont know if this has n e thing to do with ne thing,but prayer isnt powerful, the God who answers prayer is powerful...
james

 
At 24 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that was having ago at me james, well sorrrrr-y!!! Dont u just hate it when ppl try n up stage you?!?!!????
lol, haha:P... soz talz:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home