My Journey, My Voice, My choice!

My life, issues, thoughts and voice

Monday, August 28, 2006

Points...

Well, last night at bible study, A LOT of talking, A LOT of yelling (don’t mainly by me!), but a few REALLY good points came up, also (some by me… yes I sounded smart last night)

So… what were those points?

1. “Most questions, to be fully answered, need another question in the answer” I totally get that I do, I really do, BUT… I also think that some questions need an answer that doesn’t leave us thinking! I mean, its like math’s and Literature, Math’s, there are only set answers, right and wrong, no variations, but Lit, there are thousands of answers! THOUSANDS! I mean, there isn’t a right answer, and there isn’t a wrong answer, that’s always good! I am usually a Literature person, I hate having a set answer that I have to follow, BUT... like I said to Liam last night, I think that some questions don’t need a question in their answer… I mean, I have a few question’s that I want answered, but everyone I ask gives me another question to think about, which, more often than not drives me up the wall, people will comment, saying” That’s a really good point Talia” But, they never actually answer my question which is SO aggravating!

2. This might not be word for word but – “We are what we come from, suggesting that the earth is bad, thus us coming from the ground makes us bad” Something along those lines… My instant reaction was “YOUR WRONG!” and I said that, my explanation for that?
Well, using our parents as a metaphor like I did last night, say both your parents are bad as it’s said, does that mean you have to be bad? NO! It doesn’t, even if your parents do this and that, doesn’t mean you have to, it’s your choice! Your choose to do what you want. So then, even if the earth is bad, just because we come from the earth doesn’t mean that we have to be bad, we make that choice, we choose whether to sin, whether do be ‘bad’ as such… are you following?

Well, blogger keeps stuffing up on me, so i will post more later, maybe if i can b bothered, mum is yellin at me coz i have spent 2 much time on computer, AND i need 2 figure out this weekend, i have alana's birthday on friday night... SO COOL... cept i hav no idea wot 2 wear! THEN... Youth alive, absolutly awesomme, i was stoked before, but now nomes is going, finally get to meet this awesome chick!! Yeah so.. tell me wot u think of my 2 points... lol there was gunna b like 10 but i culdnt b bothered:)

Catch ya!

2 Comments:

At 28 August, 2006, Blogger Liam said...

On your second point.
The contention was IF we viewed the world as bad, then we were bad.

I don't think the world is bad.

I think that if you think the world is inherently good, then people are inherently good.

If people are inherently good, then we choose to sin, and therefore choose to seperate ourselves from God.

 
At 31 August, 2006, Blogger james said...

hmmm i dont think its as straight forward as that. Adam and eve stuffed up the whole world.

Romans taks about how we all have shared in adam and eves sin. (Romans 5:12-6:14) Check it out and let me know what you think...

Some people explain it we all have a 'sinful nature'

This says that the world was good, and has potential for good and even has good still in it, but stuff has gone wrong and continues to go wrong and hence why we need Jesus...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home