My Journey, My Voice, My choice!

My life, issues, thoughts and voice

Sunday, July 30, 2006

My metaphor!

I have something I am pondering on...

Well this morning at church Saz lead worship band (so awes) and before we sang she asked us to imagine that we entering a place that is just full of god! Nothing else! I was like WOW! Okay then… I will do it…

This is what I saw:
A rainforest… the sun blocked out by the canopy of leaves! Drizzle in the skies… I could see gods shadow but not his actual figure, I could see it in the distance, He wasn’t moving, he was comfortable, it was obvious he wasn’t going anywhere. But to get to god I had to walk along a path with frogs (EWWWW), snakes, leaves, insects, ect. I saw them as obstacles in my way of reaching god, but there was no other way to get there! But if i overcome my fear of frogs and creepy crawleys i will make it to god!

I kind of reflected on this a little today, I see this as my life... I have god in the distance, not to distant that I can't see him and not to distant that I can’t rely on him though. I know that he isn’t going anywhere; he is in heaven comfy, happy, and content. It is my journey though, I have to walk that path, the path of life, and my aim in life is to, at the end, reach god! I saw the frogs, snakes, leaves, insects, ect. They were my obstacles, the ones Satan is putting in my life!
Well major says Satan only annoys us if we are close to god… Well honestly I have felt much closer to god since changing churches (sorry Macleod). Well… I do see that, and I have also, unfortunately, noticed that my life seems to have bad things happening one after the other… Is it Satan? Is this his way of trying to separate me from god? If so it’s not working! Through all the crap! That is happening I am growing closer to those around me, those I trust, but most of all, closer to god!
I just want to say, This morning Saz and James picked me up for church, and Saz told me she thought I was really dedicated to catch a taxi to youth group (don’t ask), and well, I didn’t think anything of it, I was like “um… thankyou… I think????” But now I think about it, just a passing comment like that can make you feel so special! Well in our 4:30 meeting (still doesn’t have a name might I add) Alana did this prayer that was designed to encourage everyone, and well, honestly I have needed that, I needed to hear it! I have had the WORST week out, my weeks seem to be getting worse, BUT I do think this one tops it off, as I am now hobbling on crutches which are soooooo uncomfortable, I guess I just needed to hear that I was loved, but what I did notice, is that each person in the group, had a similar thing to say about me, it wasn’t a “I will say this… it sounds good” It was an honest opinion!!! Well, even though I am in agony and my rents are driving me insane, I still feel somewhat uplifted!

So... after all that, my metaphor in life, including frogs, a brief of how crap life is, and how great greensy salvo’s is turning out to be, and HOW AWESOME IS GOD???? Seriously, in my last blog I said that Satan was powerful, and Mel said god was more powerful! She is right (as usual)
HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD???

1 Comments:

At 31 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Talz, i would have never thought of being in a rainforest... i would have just thought white clouds, and God being larger than anything iver ever seen(fisically)... But that is a really cool way to see it, about how there is obsticals in the way of us reaching God. That really made me think... Hmmm, interesting blog, Luv ALways Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home