My Journey, My Voice, My choice!

My life, issues, thoughts and voice

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Saying good-bye

Saying good-bye is the hardest thing to do, even when you know its for the best, i have had to do that three times lately, and even though i know its for the best it also cuts so deep. Firstly i said good-bye to greensy salvo's when i moved away, then to Liam and Melissa when they left and today, the hardest thing i have EVER had to do, i said good-bye to my nan. She dies 2 days after christmas, and today she was burried, i guarentee you i will never ever forget her coffin being lowered into the hole...

I know that saying bye to all these people is the best thing, i mean i moved because i had a house and family in Wantirna, Liam and Melissa left to do great work for god in footscray, and my nan, while it kills me to say it, she is better off now, she is no longer in pain and she is reunited with her husband and will spend eternity with her lord and saviour, but... why do i always have 2 say goodbye?

3 Comments:

At 02 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

everyone has to say goodbye to things sometimes it is easy to do others times it is. i know how hard it is to say goodbye to someone you love but there will always be a reason way you said goodbye to them with your nan it was because she was sick and i know how that feels i know how much you love her and how hard it will be to get the image of her being lowered into the ground out of ur head but remember even though ur sayong goodbye to someone it doesn;t always mean they're gone ur nan will always be with you in spirt as long as u always remember her.saying goodbye is a part of life i had to do it with you when we were fighting saying goodbye sometimes hurts but it won't forever remember that

love ya ring me if u need to talk love michelle

 
At 03 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shell is right...ur nan will always be there, and dont be sad becuase she died. But be happy about all the memories you had with her, and now she's in heaven with God. Try to replace that image of her grave lowering into the ground, and replace it with all the fun you used to have with her, before she got sick.
love u lots and lots.
love u always, love sarah

 
At 07 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand how hard it can be to say goodbye, I will have to say goodbye to my parents tomorrow as they go to Morwell and I stay in Melbourne. I won't see them agani until my birthday which is the oddest feeling in the world after seeing them nearly everyday of my life.

I went to a funeral last Friday, for Simon's aunt, and these verses of scripture were shared:

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Anyway the message was that yes there is a time to say goodbye and it is good and right to grieve for loss but don't let it take over, remember the good times and laugh about them, remember always the time spent with these people but it's okay to be happy and to meet new people and move on. I thought it was good so I thought I'd share.

Miss you heaps bella, love you always, ciao,
Tish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home