My Journey, My Voice, My choice!

My life, issues, thoughts and voice

Monday, October 16, 2006

Gods plan

Jeremiah 29:11:
“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Okay so, I am not sure where, if at all, somewhere it says that all our days are planned before they happen, each day is made before it happens right?

Okay so, many people believe that god loves us, he is our father, he will never forsake us, he loves us! Well, when I see a friend, some –one I love, when I see them hurting I want to do all I can to help them, everything in my “power” to help them, I got that way by trying to be Christ like, because jesus did all he could to help those who were suffering...

So then, why is it that, my days are planned before they happen, god knows what is going to happen, he plans my days, furthermore, why then, does he plan disasters? Why then, does he stand back and watch many people around me destroy me? Why then, does go sit up on his throne and watch as though it is a drama series on channel ten?

Why? Why does it seem as though gods word doesn’t add up, as I read it, as I understand it, God plans our days, he knows our days before they happen, he knows the pain we are about to feel and yet he does nothing to stop it? He sits and watches us hurt?

What the? Makes no sense, have i got it wrong? I spoke to someone about his today and she didn’t have the answer, do you?

2 Comments:

At 17 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Talz,
Point 1 - how's your science - in a two dimensional world that's all you see, so if I put a pencil on the two dimensional world I see three dimensional, but those in that world only see a ring [two dimensional] not a pencil. So it is with us and God - we don't see the whole picture just from our dimension [which is pretty limited].
Point 2 - there's always the matter of free will - consequences of choices made.
Point 3 - back to science - the reason God knows beginning from end is because He is outside time. So if you could travel at the speed of light without exploding [you would be outside time so to speak] and everything would be happening all at the same moment - so you would see beginning, middle & end.
So God has plans for you, yes to prosper not harm, to give you hope & a future, but you have free will - you choose - and God knows the ending [point 3] because He can see all [beginning, middle & end].
His plans are as Jeremiah 29:11 says - but we sometimes mess that up - or someone messes it up for us.
Did God plan for me to be brought up in a violent family? No!!!!!! But He gave me strength to perservere - to endure - to conquer and yes Talz even love for the one who did the atrocities. Was that His plan for me to suffer - no - that was the consequences of sin - which is passed on from generation to generation.

That particular verse God gave me when I was quite young - I didn't even realize it was in the Bible until many years later - that verse gave me strength in many very difficult times - may it do the same for you.

 
At 18 October, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

hun, Major is so right!!!

But i also know that god knows way more than we can and he knows whats happening etc

I know that looking back on my past there were so many times i was bout to give up but looking back now i can see how it has made me stronger in so many ways.

so i know its hard now but keep on going cos in 10, 5, 2 years time you will look back as a stronger better person.

Love u lots God bless xoxoxoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home